IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED THE ENTIRETY OF STRANGER THINGS SEASONS 1 AND 2- PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. (SPOILERS).
I just watched the finale to Stranger Things 2- my god was it awesome! I am SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT SEASON! You have no idea!
We saw everything tied of into a little bow- we have our characters back together- and it is all looking good- that is it was all looking good until the end of the episode.
First- let’s see how my last predictions went:
- They would develop Steve’s character. -Proven-
Steve practically became a different person- I am so excited for the next season- and to see what happens to him then!
- They would focus more on the characters than the Upside Down. -Proven-
I know there were Demigogs and creepy shadows monsters (one creepy shadow monster- that is)- and I know there was the portal to the Upside Down- but none of our main characters actually went to the Upside Down. You can say I’m wrong on this one- I don’t mind- but in my opinion- they did focus more of developing their characters than dealing with the Upside Down.
- They wouldn’t ruin it. -Proven-
The Duffer Brothers have done it again- the season was beautiful- fantastically wonderful- and it left us with all of our characters happy- with dark hints to what might happen in the future- Absolutely awesome!
- At the end of season 2, Eleven would try to find Dr. Brenner. -False-
What they did was so much better- they brought Eleven into the normal world- and that’s a million times better than some quest for vengeance- I’m glad that I was wrong about this one
Now- after watching Stranger Things 2, here’s my favorite character list:
Dustin continues to be my favorite character in Stranger Things- he is just so Dustin! He definitely takes first place.
Considering Steve’s character development- he has progressed to second place- a true hero- most of the time. I wonder what will happen with his character next.
I was going to give Hopper this spot- but now I’m think that it might just be Eleven- she also got quite a lot of character development- and I also really and fascinated to see how her character might change in the future… So excited for season 3!
Now- I have a few more things to say before I go- for starters- Steve got punch in the face again- will that happen every season?- I digress- but he got beat up by Max’s brother- who my whole family hates- and I actually wonder what might happen to him in the next season… Hmm… I hate that guy.
I really look forward to seeing how the group dynamics will change with Eleven and Max- and whether Eleven and Mike will be able to accept Max in the first place… But- speaking of what might happen next- I would like to discuss Stranger Thing 3:
As I see it- there are three main plot strings still dangling-
- The demon monstery thing (Mind-Flayer?)- we saw it looming over Hawkins middle school at the end of season 2- and I assume it will be very influential in season 3.
- The other test subjects: We’ve seen Eleven- or- wow, wait- her name is Jane- wow… Mind blown a bit right there… … Well- anyhow- we’ve seen Jane- and Eight (whose real name I do not recall at the moment), but that suggests there were at least 9 other test subjects- where are they? Maybe we will learn more about that in season 3.
- Dr. Brenner… So- this one is a bit iffy- we did see him get mauled by a Demigorgon- but… I mean… the guy said he was still alive… I don’t know- but I’m assuming Dr. Brenner in some sense will have influence in Stranger Things 3…
Overall, Stranger Things 2 was a masterpiece- just like the first season- it was definitely different- but the pulled it off beautifully- I am freaking out already about Stranger Things 3! I don’t have any predictions yet- but I’ll make sure to consider both seasons carefully as I anxiously wait for the next installment! Thank you so much for reading! Happy late Halloween!